LIVING WORD DEVOTIONAL
LIBERATED TO LIVE
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a time of bondage. Galatians 5:1
History is replete with stories of slaveholders who dominated the weak and helpless. For centuries slaves were held in bondage and forced to work and live against their will. The world has also witnessed wicked rulers and emperors who tyrannized entire people, groups, nations, and provinces. These are obvious cases of bondage. However, less evident—but severely damaging nonetheless—are the widespread instances of enslavement to sinful habits and emotional wounds. Such enslavement hinders people from fulfilling their destiny and if they are not set free, will have eternal consequences.
Thankfully, Christ came to earth to release us from captivity to sin. He came to set the oppressed free and open the prison gate to those in captivity.
How can a person take advantage of this terrific offer of freedom?
• The first step is to acknowledge that you are controlled by a spiritual problem known as sin.
• Second, confess with your mouth your belief that Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God and that for your sins He came to die on the cross.
• Third, get intimate with God. Commit yourself to a daily devotional time of prayer and spiritual reading.
• Fourth, trust the Lord to guide and strengthen you by the Holy Spirit to walk in righteousness and holiness.
• Fifth, choose freedom. The Lord has set you free by His sacrifice on the cross. Don’t allow yourself to be held in bondage by Satan.
Freedom from sin is one of the priceless benefits of our redemption. He sent His only Son to enable you to experience freedom and abundance. Value your freedom and guide it with all your heart.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for making me free. Help me to walk in this freedom all the days of my life.
Scriptural Reading: Galatians 5:1-14